When most people think of bar rail, they simply think of bars, and how the rail is used to decorate them. Did you know that there are actually many other uses for oak bar rail? If you really want to get creative and add a touch of elegance to any room, you can find ways to use oak bar rail. Of course, if you have a bar, you can use it for that as well, but you don't have to limit your use of oak bar rail to just a home bar. Here are some other ways that you can enhance the look of any room by using it:
• Create an amazing looking entertainment center: Many people these days are opting to build their own entertainment centers, or at least have them built for them. You can create many different types of entertainment centers, from plain to fancy, and you can finish them off nicely when you use oak bar rail for trim. You can have it along the edges of various shelves of the entertainment center, or running around the outside edges to create a really beautiful finished look.
• Embellish upper cupboards in your kitchen: If you have wooden cupboards in your kitchen, just think of how gorgeous they would look if they were finished with oak bar rail running across the very top. This works nicely with many decorating styles, from Victorian decorating to a country kitchen.
• Use around doors: Another creative way to use oak bar rail is to have it going around the edges of your doorways. If you have wooden trim around the doors, it could really make a statement if you used oak bar rail instead. There are many sizes to choose from, and you can also have it custom made so it will look like the doorway was meant to have it there.
• Use as wall trim: Instead of the usual wooden trim you use near ceilings and floors, why not try using oak bar rail instead? In certain rooms, it can really add that finishing touch, and will make a wonderful conversation piece. It is just as easy to install as any other trim, but it will look a whole lot nicer.
• Edge counter tops: You've seen oak bar rail going around bars. So, why couldn't you use it in the same way, but having it going around the edges of your kitchen counter tops? If you have a kitchen that already has wood trim, this would be a great way to really finish off the room.
If you have built a bar in your home and have used oak bar rail, take a look around and see what else you could use it for. If you happen to have any left over, you can use it to embellish many things in your home and add a touch of elegance to every room. You can find quality oak bar rail at Rino's Woodworking, and for your convenience, you can even make your purchases online.